I think I am overly excited about the new Flower Beauty Cosmetics line from Drew Barrymore. I can’t stop looking at the products online and am anxiously anticipating seeing the full collection in stores, instead of just the limited selection from the end caps. Needless to say, I have purchased a bunch of items already – both online and in-store. I may have gone just a wee bit crazy! Since I have been testing some of the products already, I thought I would share some of my goodies and my initial thoughts on them. I have already reviewed the Easy on the Eyes Long Wear Eyeliner in Navy, which you can read about here. As for some of the other products, well, keep reading!
Shine On Lip Gloss - Pretty-in-Petunia & Hibis-Kiss
- Doe foot applicator that makes for quick and easy application
- Goes on nicely and is well pigmented
- Feels comfortable on lips and remains comfortable as long as it's on
- Nice shine - not too overly glossy or frosty
- Smells like flowers and it tastes a bit like flowers too - that's my only complaint about this gloss, but I can live with the taste. It does wear off after a while and it's not unpleasant, just unusual
- It is not a creamy formula that glides on easily, but it does blend nicely
- The coverage is surprisingly good. Comparable to other Asian BB creams I've tried and may be even better at evening out the skin!
- It is not at all greasy which is great for oilier skins, but probably not so good for drier skins
- Actually seems to help control oil!
- It is very comfortable - feels like nothing at all.
- It wears well and lasts all day.
- Looks natural; it doesn't look like you're wearing makeup
- It does not settle into pores or accent imperfections
- It does not seem to have any real benefits for skin which really makes it a lightweight foundation, not a BB cream. I do not believe there is even a sunscreen included. If you're not looking for the skincare elements of a BB cream, this is amazing!
Lip Service Lip Butter - Princess & the Peony, Wispy Wisteria & Cherry Chiffon
- The darker shades are very pigmented; the lighter shades give more of a sheer tint of color
- Very "buttery" - they glide on like a dream and almost melt into lips
- Soooo comfortable, and remain so until they're gone.
- Stays on pretty well, especially for a balm-like product
- Smells like flowers, but it doesn't seem to linger once it's applied
- I think these are even better than the Revlon Lip Butters!!!
|Princess & the Peony|
Color Play Creme Eye Shadow - Awesome Blossom, Flirty Floret & Mum's the Word
- Very creamy and well pigmented; a little dab goes a long way!
- Glides nicely over lids and bends easily
- Nice, natural sheen without being too frosty or metallic
- Feels very comfortable on lids - you don't really feel it at all
- Stays put and lasts almost all day with little to no creasing.
- My only complaint is that it comes with a stopper shoved into the creme that seems to have no purpose and sticks to the shadow. The patterns in the shadows shown in the photos below are simply from removing this stopper (the last one really stuck). Again, it's a minor complaint.
|Mum's the Word|
Lash Knockout Volumizing Mascara
- Good size bristle brush - not plastic - that is not so big that it is difficult to apply
- Not too dry or too wet and can easily add coats without much dry time
- Doesn't clump or weigh down lashes, nor do lashes feel crunchy or brittle
- Does not smudge. It seems to be water resistant, but it still removes easily with makeup remover
- Good for a natural look, but it's not going to create incredible volume. It does make lashes thicker and a bit longer, just not dramatically so. It's a good mascara, but not a great mascara.
Kiss Stick Velvet Lip Color - So Gladiola & Flamingo Flower
- It skips and drags when you apply it
- Shows any dryness or flakiness on lips and settles into lines
- Though it is full-coverage, it can look patchy on the lips
- It has great staying power and feels velvety - it doesn't feel dry
- Not quite a full matte finish. I'd call it a low-satin finish
- Smells like flowers in the tube, but it is not noticeable on the lips
- Wearing a little lip balm underneath the lipstick helps with all of these issues, but it's still not the greatest lipstick. I don't usually go for matte lip colors, but I feel like this is probably similar to most matte formulas. Also, "Flamingo Flower" is not as dry as "So Gladiola", which makes these issues not as prominent with "Flamingo Flower"
On Your Mark Liquid Eye Liner
- Nice thin, precise felt-tip applicator
- I am terrible with this style liquid liner, but I found this one easy to use and could easily make thin or thicker lines
- Gives a nice, deeply pigmented color - not at all streaky or patchy
- Unfortunately, it comes off immediately with even the smallest drop of water and it will run down your face!
Nail'd It Nail Lacquer
- Amazing!!! Incredibly chip-resistant! Look for a full review shortly. You can read the review here.
|Eye of the Tiger Lily, I Lavendare You!, Fanatical Botanical|
I haven't had a chance to try everything here as well as I'd like to before reviewing it, so these are all simply my first impressions. I can say with relative certainty that I love the Lip Butters and the Nail Lacquers. I'm pretty sure I really like the BB Cream as well, and I suspect the Creme Eye Shadows and the Lip Glosses will also quickly make my favorites list. I really like the Creme Eye Shadow in "Mum's the Word" with the "Navy" pencil eye liner. I have more things to try as well so I'll be busy for a while! Like I said, I'm overly excited about this line! :)
I hope this helps a bit if you're planning to pick up some things from this new line! I'm going to try to post more detailed reviews of some products after I have a chance to really test them out. If there's something not in this post that you're curious about, please ask because I very well may have it too! Let me know what items you're most interest in because I'd love to know!!!